What We Do
- Our exercise classes are held every Tuesday morning at 10:00 and at 11:30 at the Solihull Methodist Church Hall, Station Approach, Solihull.
- At 10:55 we meet for coffee and biscuits and a get-together.
- The exercise class is designed to help people with Parkinson's to keep active and supple.
- To arrange for taxis please contact Roy.
- There is a Yoga class designed for individuals with Parkinson's, but also open to the public, which takes place on Friday mornings from 11.30 am - 12.30pm at Solihull Library.
- Cost for members of Solihull branch is £1.00 per session, cost for non-members is £3.00 per session.
- Anyone interested should contact Margaret Clavin.
Singing therapy sessions are held once a fortnight at present on Monday mornings at 9.45 am - but will be once a week in 2018.
The venue is the Oliver Bird Hall, United Reformed Church,Warwick Road, Solihull, B91 3DG (opposite the House of Frazer).
This therapy is designed to improve voice projection and volume whilst having fun.
The sessions are conducted by Enya - a qualified specialist.
- We help to pay for sitter services.
- We can pay 50% of the cost of up to two three-hour sessions per month, providing the actual cost does not exceed £17.50 per hour.
- Please contact us for futher details.
Bi-Monthly Socials (Thursday Evening)
- We hold regular social evenings every other month. We welcome new attendees.
- We have regular holidays for members: see below for more details.
- We can supply containers for the collection of 5p coins for Parkinson's research.
- Please contact Richard Nelson for futher details.
- Please see our News page for details of our fundraising activities.
- October 19th Thursday, Evening Talk. "How to Fund care" Venue: Royal British Legion, Warwick Road, Knowle, Contact: Maggie smith
- November 24th, Friday, Christmas Social, 7.00 pm. Venue: Solihull Indoor Bowling Club, Contact: Margaret Clavin
- December 8th, Friday, Christmas Lunch, 12.30 pm. Venue: The Arden Hotel, Coventry Road, Bickenhill. Contact: Maggie Smith