What We Do
- Our exercise classes are held every Tuesday morning at 10:00 and at 11:30 at the Solihull Methodist Church Hall, Station Approach, Solihull.
- At 10:55 we meet for coffee and biscuits and a get-together.
- The exercise class is designed to help people with Parkinson's to keep active and supple.
- Please contact us for more information.
- To arrange for taxis please contact Roy.
- This is a teaching and learning approach to Parkinson's Disease that aims to
improve quality of life.
- Skills and practical techniques are taught for overcoming the daily problems posed by this condition.
- It takes place at The National Institute of Conductive Education (NICE) in Moseley and is not under the National Health Service.
- If anyone is interested in starting Conductive Education please contact me at the exercise class on Tuesday mornings.
- If you already attend Conductive Education and would like to claim the cost
of some sessions, please tell Dorothy and keep all your receipts to give to her.
- There is a chair-based Yoga class designed for individuals with Parkinson's, but also open to the public, which takes place on Friday mornings from 11.30 am - 12.30pm at Solihull Library.
- The cost for the classes is £4.00 per session.
- Anyone interested should contact Roy.
- Singing therapy sessions are now held once a week at 9.45am - 10.45 am on Mondays
- The venue is the John Palmer Hall, United Reformed Church,Warwick Road, Solihull, B91 3DG (opposite the House of Frazer).
- This therapy is designed to improve voice projection and volume whilst having fun.
- Contact Martin Sewell for more information.
- We help to pay for sitter services.
- We can pay 50% of the cost of up to two three-hour sessions per month, providing the actual cost does not exceed £17.50 per hour.
- We recommend Age UK as a reputable agency
- Please contact us for futher details.
- We can pay for members with Parkinson's to spend a day, once a fortnight, at Blanning Day Centre, Family Care Trust, in Bentley Heath, or at Shepherdson Court Day Centre, Damson Parkway, Solihull.
- As these facilities are meant for the benefit of carers to give them a rest from their caring duties both the carer and the person attending either of the care centres must be members of Parkinson's UK.
- We have regular holidays for members: see below for more details.
- We can supply containers for the collection of 5p coins for Parkinson's research.
- Please contact Richard Nelson for futher details.
- Please see our News page for details of our fundraising activities.
Have a look at our Event Diary page
- Sep 15th, Sunday, 2.00 for 2.30. Concert by the Bungaloo Babes. (£15) Venue: Dovehouse Theatre, Kineton Green Road, Solihull, B92 7ER.Proceeds for Parkinson's. Contact: Martin Sewell
- Oct 7th-10th, (Monday - Friday), Holiday to Babbacombe, Devon. HB, evening entertainment and two full-day excursions. £255 pp but with generous subsidies of £80 for members with Parkinsons and their carers and £50 for other members. To be paid by August 27th. Contact: Margaret Clavin
- Nov 28th, Thursday, 1.00. Christmas Social and Skittles. (£5) Venue: Hall Green Home Guard Club, Doverige Road, Hall Green, B28 0LS. Contact: Margaret Clavin
- Dec 6th, Friday,12.30pm. Christmas Lunch, (£5). Venue: Arden Hotel, Coventry Road, Solihull, B92 OEH. Contact: Maggie Smith